Freedom Upgrade Project Monthly Construction Update for November 2022:
- Demolition preparation for the legacy plants.
- Commissioning of the two units on the west side of the new compressor building.
November 2022 Work Plan
- Testing and commissioning runs on three compressors has completed. The first stage of the project is complete and will continue to be operated 24-hours per day depending on gas system needs. The project may be venting gas to perform maintenance on the units if necessary as part of planned work.
- The testing and commissioning of the last two units is in the final stages. The safety systems have been tested and the final two compressor units were started in August. For the next month they’ll operate to demonstrate reliability. Once the units have demonstrated that they can operate reliably they’ll be turned over to the station for full-time operation.
- The work to disconnect the legacy plants 1 & 2 from the gas transmission system is complete. Residents will continue to see a crew backfilling the excavations on the northside of the station.
- The power to Plants 1 & 2 is expected to be disconnected in November. Residents may see a DTE crew and electricians in the northeast corner of the station to perform the disconnection.
- Preparation activities for the demolition work will continue in November this includes evacuating residual gas from the abandoned piping and removing equipment and furniture from the buildings.
November 2022 Work Schedule
- The project will work a Monday – Friday, 7:00AM – 5:30PM schedule. Saturday work is not planned.
It is very important to sign up for Everbridge notifications
from Washtenaw County at www.washtenaw.org/alerts
and put in your zip code in the subject.
Everbridge keeps you up-to-date with relevant information
from your local and county public safety departments and schools.
Wolverine Pipeline - Fall 2021 Newsletter