Historic Zion Lutheran Church Renovation Program and Availability for Weddings
The Historic Zion Lutheran Church Preservation Board is pleased to announce the completion of initial restoration efforts on this historic structure located at the intersection of Fletcher Road and Waters Road in the northwest part of Freedom Township, and the availability of the church for weddings, music recitals and similar events. This historic structure dates from December 1867, and was formed from one of several German mission congregations founded in southwestern Washtenaw County by Rev. Frederick Schmid beginning in 1842.
In 1979, Historic Zion was entered into the Michigan State Register of Historic Places.
A brochure describing the church history, its availability for suitable events, as well as several exterior and interior photographs, is available by clicking below.
Historic Zion Lutheran Church Brochure (pdf format)
Please contact the church at 734-475-8064 for further information, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Historic Zion Lutheran Church - Interior at Christmas
on Oct. 23, 2017 6:21 pm