Update on the construction at the Consumer Energy Freedom Compressor Station
Freedom Upgrade Project Monthly Construction Update for February 2022:
- On-going construction to install two compressor units on the west side of the new compressor building.
February 2022 Work Plan
- Testing and commissioning runs on three compressors has completed. The first stage of the project is complete and will continue to be operated 24-hours per day depending on gas system needs. The project may be venting gas to perform maintenance on the units if necessary as part of planned work.
- The compressor equipment has been relocated to it’s final location. Work is focused in the compressor building as crews work to complete the mechanical and electrical work associated with the relocated units.
- Piping flushes started in January and are expected to continue in the beginning of February. This is the process of running fluid through piping at a high velocity to remove construction debris. During the flushing activities the project will be working 24HR shifts. It’s not expected that the flushing work will generate any loud or unusual noises.
February 2022 Work Schedule
- The project will work a Monday - Saturday, 7:00AM – 5:30PM schedule. Saturday work is planned until end of February, excluding holiday weekends.
- During the flushing activities the project will be working 24HR shifts. These activities may continue into the first week of February.